Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Refuse to be DIscouraged

I refuse to be discouraged,To be sad, or to cry;I refuse to be downhearted,and here's the reason why:I have a God who's mighty,Who's sovereign and supreme;I have a God who loves me,and I am on His team.He is all-wise and powerful.Jesus is His name;Though everything is changeable,My God remains the same.My God knows all that's happening;Beginning to the end;His presence is my comfort;He is my dearest Friend.When sickness comes to weaken me,To bring my head down low,I call upon my mighty God;Into His arms I go.When circumstances threatento rob me of my peace;He draws me close unto His breast,Where all my strivings cease.When my heart melts within me,and weakness takes control;He gathers me into His arms,He soothes my heart and soul.The great "I AM" is with me.My life is in His hand;The "Son of the Lord" is my hope,It's in His strength I stand.I refuse to be defeated,My eyes are on my God;He has promised to be with me,as through this life I trod.I'm looking past all my circumstances,To Heaven's throne above;My prayers have reached the heart of GodI'm resting in His love.I give God thanks in everything.My eyes are on His face;The battle's His, the victory mine;He'll help me win the race.
Written by~~ B J George ~~but inspired byLord & Savior Jesus Christ

No comments: