Saturday, February 9, 2008

Books I am Currently Reading

The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace

Activating the Gifts of the Holy Spirit


I love to read, infact a perfect day for me would be a day of quite with a good book. No that's not right, a perfect day is spending time with my family. However, everyone needs some alone time. For me, it's a good book. I used to read thriller/suspense novels. I still do but I order them from a Christian book club. I try to read at least one spirit lifting, self improving book every couple of months. I just finished The Power of a Positive Wife, that was a great eye opening book! I highly suggest anyone who tends to be negative in the flesh to read that book. It has certainly helped to change my relationship with my husband-even though I didn't think it needed any changing.

I also just finished (last month) Practical Tools for the Foster Parent. This is a great resource for "how-to" deal with certain situations that may arise. We are finished with our classes and recieved our certificate last week! WE still have some more paperwork to turn in and another home visit. I am excited to begin this new chapter in our life. I am reading and researching as much as I can, so as to be the best foster mom I can be. Our class instructor was fantastic and I feel better prepared and ready to move forward!!!

No comments: