Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What we've been up to...

Well let's see, last week I started physical therapy, a bit painful but I know it's for the best. Matt and Ty went Bow camping a couple weeks ago and got their hunting licences. Ty flew a plane Sunday with The Civil Air Patrol!! They let him take the controls for over two hours. I will post a picture once, I get it off my camera. The kids started their first of Art and Nature class. That was fun! Oh, and we hung out with a very cool homeschool family of 12!! They live on 320 acres and are turning it into an amazing campground with tons to do for the whole family! You can visit their website at http://www.adamsedencamp.com/ They are a very nice down to earth family that share the same values as we do. We plan on spending allot of time camping and hiking this year...even in the winter. They also have a cabin for just that. My mom had her surgery and is now home recovering. Thank you all for your prayers and kind words!
I also have been getting organized for back to school season! I rearranged our school room...once again. I just pick one room a day to organize. Being that the rooms are already clean, it makes the job easier. I am just trying to weed out books, toys and such that we do not need or want.
I am also trying to manage my time better. How much stress could be avoided each day by taking time to seek the Lord first and ask Him for wisdom and help in establishing priorities? Daily we see so many needs and have so many demands--it can seem overwhelming at times. We need to use good judgement in how much we take on in this busy season of our lives. God has called us to be wives and mothers first of all, and this takes time. Too many outside activities can rob us of the time we need for our family. We must discern what is God's will and say no to everything that is not, in spite of what others may think, staying focused on what we KNOW God has called us to do.
It's also important to have a proper view of interruptions--some can be avoided and others can't. I use voice mail or an answering machine for phone calls most of the time so I don't get caught on the phone. On the other hand, some interruptions are God ordained so we must be sensitive to His leading! We certainly don't want to hinder the Holy Spirit's work in our lives and His ability to use us as yielded vessels. After all, the very fact that Jesus is Lord of our lives means He is Lord of our time!
But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord; I say, "You are my God. My times are in Your hand..." --Psalm 31:14-15

No comments: