Monday, June 25, 2012

Another Reasoon I am starting to DISLIKE facebook

An acquaintance  recently told me that I have a perfect life. Huh? I barley know her. Why? I asked. Well, all of your fb posts are so positive and you and your family look perfectly happy. :o Stop...hold the phone! We are not a perfect family. Yes, we are happy (most of the time) and I love my family so very much. But perfect? NOPE, not even close. We have bad moods, messy house days, and typical trials that every family has.
So, I went to my profile and read through my posts. Wow, it does look like I have a perfect life. Does this mean I am fake? No, I abhor negative posts, it is draining for me to see how bitter and negative people can be. I try to only posts the good because I don't want to be the cause of draining another person. Did I do more harm than good? Is facebook just an illusion? The whole reason I signed up for facebook is to keep in contact with family and friends. Are we all fooling each other? Are we really connected if we only let people  see what we want? I feel like I just got dosed with a huge reality check. Literally.
I feel like my facebook days are numbered. I want to really be connected to the people that matter to me. I do not want my self worth to be defined on fb. Plus, I am a bit of a people pleaser and do feel hurt when someone removes me as a friend. Even if I don't care for them much myself. I spend too much time scrolling down the page, feeling the need to read every post. The more I think about it, the more I realize that I NEED to get off of fb. I love to read so many wonderful post written by my fellow homeschool friends and I always find so many wonderful resources on fb. However, is it really worth all the a fore mentioned?  I can still stay connected through forums and also gleen lots of resources from them! I am going to do it! I am! I am quitting FB!!! I am starting today...I will let you know how I do. =)

What are your thoughts about facebook? Have you ever felt like quitting or is it too important to you?

No comments: