Tuesday, March 25, 2008

This is Amazing!

A friend of mine just told me about this amazing DVD player that blocks out graphic. violence and foul language from any movie that you watch on your DVD player. I can't wait to order mine. There are so many times that we rent a "family" movie and I sit through it clenching my teeth and hoping the kids didn't pick up on the adult innuendos. Here is the link: http://www.clearplay.com/ If anyone already owns one please let me know what you think.

Also, I know I posted this link before but it is truly a wonderful website that critiques movies. http://preview.gospelcom.net/ We do not shelter the kids from everything however, because someday they will be out in the world and I want them to be educated for sharing their opinions as facts to future Christians. :) They have their own opinions and they know right from wrong. If we do by chance watch a movie that is not exactly up and up, we use it as a teaching tool. We discuss the movie and why it was bad and what was good about it. There usually is a good moral ending in most movies. We ask them how they think the movie should have been produced and what they would have done in the situation. Not that we watch allot of "bad" movies but it does happen when your not expecting it. I am not one of those parents that walk out of a movie theatre. Trust me their imaginations as to why you left will probably be worse than the movie itself. I mean it's not like you are taking your 8 year old to an R movie. So chances are you can critique the movie together. Ok, so I am tired and am babbling on. I'm probably no making much sense at this point. I am waiting Cassie to get home from bowling with her friends, then I am heading to bed.I will probably end up rereading this tomorrow and editing it. lol. Good Night.

No comments: