Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I overheard...

A woman making a comment about a mother that is always with her children. She said this as if it was a bad thing. She stated how mothers need to be away from her children and visa versa. She said it in a tone of disgust as if children were parasites or something. She said there is something "wrong" with that woman. She could have been describing me. I love my children and enjoy their company very much. I find it sad how many mothers do not really know their own children and their worth. The bible says: Her children will rise up, and call her blessed. Proverbs 31:28 I love this verse. I also like:Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.Proverbs 22:6. this speaks volumes to me as far as homeschooling goes and also in building character. How can a child have love and respect when they are not receiving it? We are to guide our children into adult Christians with good morals and integrity. I do not see how you can bring up a child with the idea that they are your possessions and burdens and expect them to grow up with good morals and ethics. Anyway, I agree to a point that moms should be without their children sometimes. However, I see allot of mom's frustrated to be around her child and looks for every escape to get away. Why not see the child for who he/she is and learn who they are. You just might like them and start to see them as individuals rather than possessions to do with as you please. I suppose this is topic that I am passionate about and I am doing a little ranting here.
[Parents], do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged.
Colossians 3:21

No comments: