Monday, April 14, 2008

A Surprise Party for ME!


I am still in awe and shock that my family actually pulled one over me! After almost 17 years of marriage my husband has never been able to surprise me-especially with a birthday party. I am not a "want to be the center of attention " kind of girl! I never agreed to a birthday party for myself for that reason. However my lovely daughter had other ideas. The whole thing was her idea and she planned it all! Kind of last minute but that is probably the only way she was able to keep it a surprise. I am an analytical suspicious by nature and I would have caught on for sure. Okay, I like to believe that anyway. Here is what went down: Matt asked me what I want to do on my birthday. I tell him nothing major, kinda tired. He suggested I get ready to go out to dinner. We go to one of our favorite restaurants. He is constantly checking his messages on his phone. He said the server was down. ( techy talk) I'm like, ok, this is fun. I was so tired I said I just want to go home and take a nap. (allergy meds) He said. "no, we have to go pick up your present first." I am stoked! I'm thinking about my brand new cruiser style bike. He said " I need to blind fold you first." WHAT!? I was like, I don't think so. Not the way you drive! Needless to say I was blindfolded. I have to tell you that was the freakish feeling. Not knowing where you are going and being able to see where you are going is a very unsettling feeling. Now we stop. He opens the door and tells me to get out. Hello.....I couldn't see! He has to help me out. I felt like a drunkard walking. Seriously, you try walking around blindfolded it is not as easy as you would think! He guides me up to the house. At this point I have no idea where I am. But, once inside, I said. :it smells like home." Thinking my bicycle is going to be sitting in the middle of the room. Matt rips of the scarf and "SURPRISE!" My dinning room is filled with people and it took me about 10 seconds to even process what was going on!

It was allot of fun even though allot of my friends and family couldn't make it, it was a blast. My Cassie cooked the pasta, decorated the house and picked up the cake (with Larry and Christina's help) within the hour that we were at dinner. AMAZING! I am truly blessed to have such wonderful children. From the kids, I also got breakfast in bed, a card, bath salts and a candle from Cassie. A beautiful drawing, carved soap and a sign with lots of confetti thrown at me from Breanna and a very special bag of tea that says Teacher on it,a teacher note pad and beautiful card from Ty. Thank you LORD for gifting me with such a wonderful family. I am the happiest mommy alive and I am so glad that God has lead me in this path.

Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children. Proverbs 17:6

No comments: