Thursday, May 14, 2009

Today

I had my MRI today. I assumed when they made the appointment that their notes would indicate that I am a bit claustrophobic and require an open MRI. I assumed wrong. I have gained weight since the last one and with it being a closed MRI machine I felt squeezed and very claustrophobic. I managed. I prayed and listened to Christian pop. They have Sirius radio and gave me a list with different music with corresponding numbers. I was so nervous before the procedure that I just kept repeating number 32 in my head, so I wouldn't forget. More likely to focus on something other than what was to come. It didn't take long, it was loud and annoying, but with Mercy Me playing and my eyes closed I made it.
The first MRI I had was closed (years ago), Matt was with in the room with me when I panicked. I remember flipping out and yelling for them to take me out. Not quite the composure you would expect from me, is it? Well, I was rescheduled for an open MRI, which was much better. This time I wouldn't let Matt in with me because I said I would be more of a baby if I knew he was there in the room. It is a good thing that he waited in the waiting room, because once I found that it was a closed I could feel myself getting panicky. I prayed and immediately felt at ease. Knowing that God was there with me, made me feel so much better. Now I wait for the results. I already know that I have herniation and surgery was requested, but we will see. I will make my decision based on this new one.
We finished school early (before MRI) while we were gone the kids did some science experiments. When I got home, I was so tired ( probably emotionally) that I took a two hour nap. I do not nap, ever during the week days. Sometimes on Sundays, after church I will but not often. I can not believe how long I slept.
For Home Ec. I have given Cassie the task of creating a menu for the week, find recipes, do an inventory on items she may need that we already have, and to create a shopping list. She took it one step forward today, because I was so tired she offered to go to the store and get groceries. Now, normally I would have probably objected because that is "my thing". Yet as tired as I was, I jumped on the offer, besides it is good practice for her being that she will be running her own household soon. She did a great job, and even made homemade pizza for dinner and pudding for dessert. Overall, even with the MRI and all, it was a great day. :)
My Mom has an appointment tomorrow regarding the mass in her neck. I want to thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. I love my blog buddies!!

No comments: