Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Moving, chritmas and Birthdays

Well, we are finally all settled. Sure, there are a few boxes and a few pictures to hang, but unless you are the Lloyds, Falcons or Smiths you have NO idea what mess I had to deal with. I can't forget Derrick and Josh either. Boxes,Beds and furniture everywhere! I am very thankful and grateful for those families above that helped us move from 9am to 1am a little over two weeks ago. The moms helped with the kids, shopping and meals, plus they even made our beds! The guys worked almost non stop to move everything. It took two trips with the 26'' truck. I was on 1 1/2 hours of sleep and pain medication. I felt very helpless because I couldn't lift anything. Anyhow, I am so grateful for friends so giving and thoughtful!! I will post pictures of the house in the next few days. I want to get everything in place first. Yes, I know I am a bit neurotic. :)

The second day in our new house we put up our tree- four days before Christmas!! We had a good time and it turned out beautiful, even if it was surrounded by ugly boxes. By Christmas morning I had the living room unpacked and decorated so we could at least have one room to enjoy. I ended up very sick on Christmas day due to a change in medication but, I did end up feeling good enough to make a nice dinner with the help of the kids. The kids loved thier gifts and had a nice day in our new home.

Because we celebrated Cassies birthday in June (1/2 Birhtday) we just had her favorite dinner (Stuffed Shells, Cesear salad and crossiants)topped off with ice cream cake. Josh was here also, of course. I will post pics later.

No comments: