Monday, February 23, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 2/22-2/28


I have been menu planning for years. Now, there have been a few weeks now and then that I did not plan weekly menus in advance. Those times were stressful and chaotic and I do not like to wonder what I am making for dinner, and wonder if I have enough ingredients. I usually write out my shopping list on Thursday's for the following week. I do not like to shop on Saturdays (too crowded and noisy) However, we are down a vehicle and I go when I can, which has been Saturdays. I like to go on Thursday afternoons because it is less crowded and I can take my time. I like to comparison shop and get the best deals. Before I started menu planning our grocery bill was HUGE. Now I spend a reasonable and comfortable amount that even my husband is pleased with. I have a magnetic Meal Planner on the fridge with a tear off shopping list. This makes life much easier because I used to type it out and print it out every week. Now all I do is fill in the blanks and take my shopping list to the store. I decided that like other homeschool/homemaker bloggers I am going to post my weekly meals every Monday. If you would like help meal planning, go to the website above. The writer has alot of helpful hints and tricks to get you started.
Monday:
Breakfast: Cereal of choice and OJ
Lunch: Chicken Noodle Soup and Sandwiches
Dinner: Manwiches, Fries and pineapple slices
Tuesday:
Breakfast: Eggs, toast and OJ
Lunch: Mac and Cheese, applesauce and corn
Dinner: Venison Steak, Baked Potatoes, Peaches and Italian Bread
Wednesday:
Breakfast: Cereal, Toast and OJ
Lunch: Sandwiches and Fresh Fruit
Dinner: Chicken Cesear Salad, mandarin Oranges and Italian bread
Thursday:
Breakfast: Bagels, fresh fruit and OJ
Lunch: Chicken Fingers and applesauce
Dinner: Spaghetti, salad and garlic bread
Friday:
Breakfast: Pancakes, milk and fruit
Lunch: bagged lunch for co-op
Dinner: Homemade Pizza and garlic bread
Saturday:
Breakfast: Cereal and oj
Lunch: whatever you want
Dinner: Crockpot Chili
Sunday:
Breakfast: Pancakes and milk
Lunch: Sandwiches and veggie sticks
Dinner: BBQ Chicken, garlic mashed potatoes and dinner rolls
Snacks:
Apples
Bananas
Nuts
yogurt
crackers
popcorn
granola
sunchips
cheese
fruit snacks (gummies)

No comments: